Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back to the Grind

Today was officially my last first day of school. Ever. I was having mixed feelings about ending law school; the impending bar exam, the whole idea of being a lawyer (FOREVER)....I was torn. But after kickstarting my final semester with a 2 hour lecture on Income Tax that was decidedly less interesting than paint drying, I've decided I'm really ready to leave. 
Add about 15 years and you have my tax professor..ugh
In happier "kickstart" news, Marathon training has commenced! I can actually say MARATHON now because I'm officially entered in the 2012 Derby Festival Marathon! I'm still finagling my training plan and all of that, so I'll share as soon as I know what it is. I've also cooked up a good set of 2012 Goals (I'm not calling them resolutions since I think Steph @RunningtoHealth is on to something) but they're also not quite ready for public consumption. So again.....stay tuned!

So far my whopping 4 workouts have gone really well and I'm feeling healthy & happy with how it's going. What more can you ask for? I've also gotten to try out some of my awesome new Christmas gifts, including a cute and fuzzy warm Saucony pullover. It's pink to match my Team Sparkle skirt, obviously. 
New pullover and UA gloves kept me warm for the first cold run of the season!
As the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge has started winding down, I'm excited to have started the Run To the Finish 30 Day Food Journal Challenge! Since I started doing weight watchers 5 or so years ago, I've been tracking what I eat almost consistently. Seeing a daily log what you eat really impacts the choices you make. If you're looking to make a change in your dietary health - to lose weight or just to feel better! - writing it down will really help you take stock of what you're putting in your body. While I'm still tracking weight-watchers style, I'm taking more notes about how I feel, my energy/hunger levels and when I'm eating. Excited to see how it shakes out at the end of the month!

Getting back to the grind after the holidays is such a pain, but at the same time it's really relaxing to return to a normal routine. Almost comforting. I'm sure the monotony of school, work, and training will soon set in, but for now - I'm loving it!

How is your week shaping up? Do you like routine or do you need spontaneity or something different every day? 

5 comments:

  1. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! so freaking pumped you are running the marathon!!!!! best news ever!!! also. totally feel ya on the school thing. sometimes i go to work and am like eeeeek is this really what i want to do forever!?! then i go to campus and i am like omg. yes. k. i am happy with my decision but get me outta here!

    LOVE the pink top!!!!! eeeek! okay. really excited right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally inspired me to just suck it up and do it!! And since we missed BOTH of our birthdays I say we need to have some froyo while you're in town for the race! Nothing like an extended celebration over froyo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!! good for you....I miss school all the time, but when I was in it I couldn't wait to be done. I love Ben Stein. I hope you get as rich as him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on deciding to do the marathon - that's so exciting and you'll rock it!!!! And getting out of school is always bitter-sweet…I think I could be a lifelong student :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you and I admire you to have the courage the talk about this,This was a very meaningful post for me.Thank you.
    Diet For Diabetics

    ReplyDelete