Thursday, June 14, 2012

New Plan

I've been beating myself up over the last week about my complete lack of running, run blogging, or fitness in general. While June has brought many awesome things into my life, running has hit the back burner as I try desperately to get ahead in other (awesome) things.
Yeah, your'e reading that right
So here's the plan: I'm out until July 1. No blogging, no training runs, no nothing. I'm not going to put any pressure on myself to do any of it. If it happens I'll be thrilled but for the most part I'll have my head in a book until June is out of the way.

Hopefully once we get this silly month over with, I'll be able to downgrade some priorities and upgrade running! I had the realization this morning (in the shower, of course) that running (and blogging about it) don't need to be things that stress me out. Instead, I'm going to be confident in myself and my ability to embrace it again in two(ish) short weeks.

I'll still be blog stalking, but not as much. Good luck to all the summer racers out there! And to everyone else battling heat, injury, family issues, work stress and life in general - you constantly inspire me.


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait till you're back but I feel you. We all need a break some times xo :)

    ReplyDelete