Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thursday Quick Hits

After catching up on your blogs I felt sad about my poor inert status. So, since I only have 20 minutes before I have to be in court, here are some quick hits:

  • I passed the bar exam! It was super dramatic (Josh & I were in a bank opening our joint account when we found out on our iphones). I was a ridiculous mix of relieved and overwhelmed. Thank God I don't have to do that again
  • Along those lines, I got sworn in as a member of the Kentucky Bar! Not just me, but Josh too. As of last Thursday we're both Attorneys and I'm an Assistant Public Defender and he's a Jefferson County Prosecutor. We're a sitcom waiting to happen.
  • My back is back to 100%. Once I realized that I needed ice not heat, it healed really quickly. Talk about feeling like an idiot. Oh well, hindsight and all that
  • With my back "back" in gear, I continued with my training for the Nov. 3 LSC Half Marathon. It's more difficult than I thought to get back in the habit of running 4 days a week, but not unpleasant
  • A lot of my runs lately are run/walks with the puppy. I say puppy, but at 7 months old she has a level of strength and endurance that is astonishing. She loves to go for runs with me and gladly lets me take my walk breaks. I've found a lot of joy in taking her after I know she's been cooped up in her crate all day.
  • Did my first "long run" Saturday and made it 6 miles! Can't tell you how happy I am about this since my last "Long" run was a 5 miler before the wedding (so....back in August). I took walk breaks every five minutes for thirty seconds and felt strong and comfortable at the end. 
  • I"m still undecided about this half Marathon next month. My work schedule is starting to pick up and I'm just exhausted when I get home at night. I think if I do run it I'm going to have to seriously reevaluate my goals. Not a bad thing, just something to think about. 
So that's what's been up with me - What about you?!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment