Monday, November 9, 2015

Not Quite Average

As I mentioned in yesterday's Sunday Set up, this past week was a doozy. Not for any particular reason, really, but a doozy nonetheless. Maybe it was the particular week of the month. Maybe it was the end of all of the Halloween Candy. At any rate, it was a tough week. Lets look at it in depth:

Monday  - Had planned to get some trainer time in but the weather was too beautiful not to run. Got in over 3 at a really slow comfortable pace. Just wanted to recover and relax and did just that.

Tuesday - I think this is the night I ended up working late, despite the election. I got home around 7 and it was all I could do to get dinner together and into my belly

Wednesday  - Another day of beautiful and unseasonably warm weather for a run with Rania. We ran downtown and headed down by the river. It was a really nice 3 miles that was unusually slow. I felt like I was going a lot faster but clearly Garmin says otherwise. Still, it felt strong and easy which can't be that bad

Thursday - Early volleyball night and we were one man down. It was actually nice playing with fewer people. I felt like I got a little more of a workout. This league is still bit depressing, though. We won 2/3 and had some decent fun

Friday - I honestly can't remember what we did Friday night but I know that I did not workout at all. I had hoped we'd play Tennis but something came up.

Saturday - I'd intended to get up and get some trainer time in before the 12:30 football game. Somehow, I managed to sleep in until almost 9:30. I knew if I got on the trainer by 10:00 I could get in an hour. When faced with the choice between getting off the couch and getting on the trainer I chose the couch. I think I needed it. We watched TV, drank coffee, and hung out. I contemplated getting a ride in after the game but...I napped instead. Can't always be inspirational.

Sunday - Today was much better. I got up and went walking with Emily. She just moved into a great new place (close to our old spot). It's really close to a lot of good walking/running paths and we meandered through a really pretty  - and hilly! - cemetery for an hour. The weather was a perfect 55 degrees and super sunny. We walked and chatted and had a great time. I was definitely sore afterwards though. After my grocery shopping I took Ellie out for a little spin around the park and listened to the Broncos game on the radio. The walk was much better than the first half.
Definitely room for improvement for next week - but not terrible in retrospect. Hoping to get some trainer time this week and another easy run or two!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment