Sunday, July 20, 2014

Expectations

When I saw that my last post was November, 2012 I was, honestly, surprised. Did I really miss all of 2013? Apparently so. 

So why blog?
- Accountability: I don't think it's a coincidence that some of my best training and greatest fitness accomplishments coincided with my actively blogging. Knowing that someone is going to read my progress - or lack thereof - is a big motivator. After all, no one likes to tell the world they missed a work out. 

- Community: being a part of the online running community is something I truly enjoy. I'm not part of one here in my hometown (though there are plenty) & I love reading about your accomplishments & your races. 

- Proof: something for me to look back on and say, "yep, I did that." 

So What Am I Going To Do?
Blogging on the same level as I used to just isn't an option right now. I struggle with maintaining a running regime alongside a ridiculous work schedule & family. I don't want to pretend I can update every day. I also don't want the pressure that comes with that. So what do I want? Here it is:  

- Update at least once weekly. Include mileage & weight. 
- Post monthly goals. I've been doing "monthly goals" since March and posting them on my bulletin board at work. It's been super helpful. I want to share them with you guys. Keep me accountable. 
- Read your blogs once a week! I don't make enough time to keep up with you all and your adventures. I want to make time to read about you & your running journeys. 

Let's see if we can do it. New beginnings start now!

No comments:

Post a Comment