Sunday, July 27, 2014

Turning Up the Heat

After a brief reprieve from the weather by a mid-summer polar vortex (ok maybe it's not really a polar vortex, but I like saying it), Louisville Summer is back up and running. It's been hot. Hot and Humid. This week also happened to be a really difficult work week week for me. I was in trial on Wednesday and Thursday, which also coincided with the Hubby's birthday. Lets just say there was more celebratory cake and commiseration pie than I'd planned for.


This week's training

Via Daily Mile
Not too shabby!
Monday - 5 min walk, 2.5 mile run @ 10:46. Finished with stretching & Click Mocha
Tuesday - 1 mile walk with Ellie around the neighborhood while I finished trial Prep
Wednesday - Full day devoted to trial & Josh's birthday
Thursday - 5 min. walk,  mile-ish. Overall pace 11:28 min/miles. Finished with stretching
Friday - No organized activity. We did walk to dinner and back though
Saturday - 5 min. walk, 2.5 miles @ 10:49, 5 min cool down walk and stretching after + Click Mocha
Sunday - Rest day

Totals: 9.30 Miles, 1:56:18, 1,165 calories

This Week's Nutrition

Up & down week. Wednesday & Thursday my meals were sporadic and sparse. Though we did have curry & cake. 

Don't mind me, I'm just sideways
I am proud of myself for some food choices on Thursday. I was dying to emotionally eat and wanted to be super gluttonous. Rather then reach for the supreme fattiness I wanted - chicken fingers, fries, hamburgers, chocolate cake - we had sushi. I felt decadent, I felt special, and I did not feel gross afterward. Problem solved.

Next Week

  • 8th out of 9 weeks of Couch to 5k! I've really really enjoyed the program. It's ending right in time because we registered for the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon on October 25th! I'm going to complete the three workouts and spend some extra emphasis on stretching this week
  • Food-wise my mind is on FRUIT. If you'll recall I have a goofy, lazy, no good stomach that really doesn't do well with raw fruits or vegetables. At all. So I've stocked up on Fruit Buddies, a lovely "Baby-food-esc" fruit product that I've really come to love. I think I bought 10. I want them all gone by next Sunday. Bold challenge? Yes! Lets do it!

Are you an emotional eater? How do you handle extreme situations that trigger emotional eating?
Cake preference: Yellow/Chocolate/White? Buttercream/chocolate ganache/cream cheese? 



1 comment:

  1. I am more of a boredom eater...or when I'm working and can't quite figure out what to do next. Since I work from home this is something I'm always trying to get better at!

    ReplyDelete