Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Week 12 Recap: Better Late than Never

There's nothing wrong with getting to a weekly recap on Wednesday, right? Right! Week 12 was the last week of Peak Training and it was highlighted by my second Olympic Tri. Lets take a look.


Obviously, I didn't get in as much as I planned but that was only because of the race. My legs were pretty trashed from Tuesdays hill sessions so I opted out of any Saturday workout. I think it paid off though because I had a great race!

Best Workout of the Week
Obviously, Race the Bridge! It was a great race for me and gave me some much needed confidence on the bike and run. But since there'll be a whole recap on that race, I"ll pick something else. I went to a group Hill workout on Tuesday that was a lot of fun. It was runners from the Landsharks and other local groups. We tackled a pretty big hill in Cherokee park. We did a warm up together and then either 6 or 8 repeats up the .25mi hill with easy recovery back down.
Average pace during hill repeats: 11:10. Well I'll be damned. So fast! I'm really proud of myself because I really had to dig in and push it up those hills.

Best Meal of the Week
Definitely the Qdoba quesadilla and nachos I had after the race Sunday. Other than that I've been really in to eggs this week. I've been frying them and putting them on toast. I'm really trying to focus on getting more protein in my diet so Eggs seemed the right way to go.


The rest of the week was fairly uneventful (in a good way). This week I've been at a work conference so Im more behind than usual with my blogging. Hopefully I'll have my recap up before the end of the week. Got a good run in on Tuesday and a good ride today so I'm not letting the conference get me off my game. We're officially in the taper phase. 4 weeks till Muncie!
Hills hurt
Post-Race Pool time!
New Bed for the Ellie dog

Happy Running!

What's your favorite post-race meal? 
Do you like eggs? I'm trying. Still hate avocado. 

No comments:

Post a Comment