Sunday, June 21, 2015

Week 13 Recap - Begin the Taper

Quicker (than normal) recap tonight since we're gearing up for the big premier of the second season of True Detective. Not sure it can be better than the first but we'll give it a whirl


Big fat ZERO for swim this week. I'm hoping to get both of them in this week. Getting to the pool lately has been really tough and my swim fitness is high enough I haven't really felt the need. That's gotta change though if I'm going to toe the line in Muncie.

Best Workout of the Week
Without a doubt, the 50 miler. I originally planned to do the 45 mile ride that I was on when my spoke broke a couple weeks ago. However, Tropical Storm Bill in all it's glory didn't really seem to cooperate Saturday. The Bike Club had a Century/50 miler on Sunday though that seemed like a good fit. It was titled, "A Good First Century" so I figured the 50 miler had to be fairly easy too. My buddy Jon, from the alternate hill sessions, was going to I knew I wouldn't be alone. It was a great ride! Maybe a little slower in parts than I would've liked but i'm glad we took it so easy. I drank easily (almost two bottles) and ate a bonk breaker in several different sessions. I'm so proud of myself for how far I've come on the bike!

Next up: TRUE taper. 3 weeks to Muncie!

Happy Running!
What was your best workout this week?
Taper: Love it or hate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment