Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Hump Day Happenings

Well we made it guys - Hump Day!
How many times have I posted that photo? Not enough. 

I'm stuck in court this morning listening to a competency hearing so I thought I'd fill you in on all the happenings. 
I had lots of good eats Tuesday, including the cutest little package of gummy bears 
And my first ever experience with overnight oats. Jury's still out on these, but I'm gonna keep trying different combos. 

Last night I rushed home after work to go for a ride. Tuesday nights look to be 75 minute rides for awhile. Traffic is craptastic between 5 and 6 so I put dinner together (tacos, yum!) and picked up around the house. 

Once traffic let up a bit I checked my tire pressure with my fancy new pump and headed out. I'm trying to track hydration better so I filled up my bottle with exactly 18oz of good 'ole H2O for my 75 minute ride. 

The ride started great. I was really feeling comfortable and relaxed in the saddle. My hamstrings were (& still are) pretty tight from Body Pump but I just focused on good form and easy spinning. Traffic was still heavy but not aggressive, so things were good. This week I rode from home up to Cherokee Park and around the loop. I was flying! The hills in the park were challenging but in a good way. I also felt like I was handling really well on the downhills. 

Once out of the park I headed back to the Seneca loop for the next half hour of the ride. This was, hands down, the best ride I've ever had. The weather was great - slightly overcast, low humidity, warm but not hot - and my legs felt great. I even charged up the massive hill to the start of the loop. 

So I jump on the loop and I'm crusing along when *SNAP*. I stopped immediately, recognizing the sound of a broken spoke. But the damage was done. My wheel was too wobbly to ride. Even with the breaks up the wheel was too untrue to rotate. What a crappy way to end such a beautiful ride! 

I was super frustrated about how it ended (still am, in fact). But I guess it's better to have a good ride spoiled than no ride at all. Also, Hubz pointed out (after he came to pick me up) that it could've been a lot worse, I could've been out in the boonies somewhere or in a race. C'est la vie. 

Tonight I'm hoping to get in a run with my work buddy. Super excited to get out and run again. Shaping up to be a good day! 

Happy running!



No comments:

Post a Comment