Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Baby Steps

There's no other way to put it: Sunday I was not feelin the blog. I was feelin' my couch. But the rest of the week I got up and got moving, so no apologies.
Monday - So my week wasn't as crazy as I thought because I settled that trial I was supposed to start Monday. However, I didn't pack my body pump bag since the odds of me being able to make Body Pump were 0% when I left the house Monday morning. Oh well. Moving on

Tuesday - Tuesday was beautiful. I'm trying to take more pics for the blog but I HATE running with stuff in my hands. Gotta work on that. Anyway it was beautiful and warm and the leaves were changing so I decided to go out for an hour. I didn't care how far I went, I just wanted to go for an hour. I set my watch to my "1hr workout" - a 4:1 Run:Walk ratio. It felt really good. I think this may have been my longest run since Muncie, which is kind of shocking. My legs definitely started to feel heavy after about 30 minutes (the length of my average run lately) and I ran out of fuel at just about the same time. I drank some water and that helped, but definitely need to eat before I run. Duh. Anyway it felt great and I stretched afterwards and drank my body weight in chocolate milk. Like a pro.
Wednesday - Wednesday runs with Rania are back! After two weeks of vacation and a trial it was nice to get to head out with my work friend again. It's a nice mid-week vent session and I love hearing about her sweet 2 year old. We kept it short - just under 2.5 - and took walk breaks. I'm all about walk breaks these days

Thursday - I played volleyball and did add anything. I'm ready to see the end of Volleyball. It's not competitive anymore, I don't feel like I get much out of it and it really just isn't fun anymore. This session ends around Christmas and I expect it will be my last full session. Also, I hyperextended my elbow - oooouuuch. I stupidly tried to one arm pass a hard driven ball at full extension and it just went *pop*. No bueno.

Friday - My elbow was super sore in the morning and a little worse after work so Hubz & I forewent Friday night Tennis for a little date night. It was actually a great call. We had cocktails and appetizers at a bar downtown and just hung out together. Exercise for the soul.

Saturday - I had grand plans to wake up and run with the Tri Club & then man the water station for a local half marathon. I slept horrible. Also something I ate at date night did not agree with me at all & I felt terrible most of the morning. I got up in time to make the run but...I laid on the couch and drank fizzy water for an hour before I decided to back out. An hour or so after that I was feeling a little better so I decided to go out for a short run. It was humbling, to say the least. Stomach: Off. Ears: Throbbing. Legs: Dead. That I got 2.5 miles was a wonder. But I did, and I'm proud of that.

Sunday - Sunday was supposed to be a work day. But I decided after my first cup of coffee that Sunday was going to be a 'me' day. I wanted to ride - feeling bad for having neglected poor ghost for awhile - but I didn't want to deal with the "outside". So I changed out my tire and put on my trainer tire (all by myself, no less - I rule!) and hopped on the bike trainer. I definitely feel like I've lost a lot of fitness on the bike but I'm really going to challenge myself this off-season to make gains there. Afterwards I headed to a yoga class at the Y that was actually great! I got a great instructor and the perfect workload.
Today - breakfast and Blogging

So I feel like this week was a good improvement in terms of effort. I took two days off - my traditional 'off' days during Muncie Prep - and pushed myself in some workouts. The eating side of things is a little...troublesome. I don't know if it's just the shock of being back home and not walking 135082735 miles a day, but the weight is creeping back up. But then again, I've been eating crap like this...
So I'm trying to focus on intentional eating this Halloween week. And intentionally staying the hell away from the offices that stash candy. Definitely avoiding.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment