Sunday, January 17, 2016

Back in the Swing of Things (Weekly Recap)

This is going to be a quick one because it's halftime in the Broncos/Steelers game. Go Broncos!


Great job this week logging miles! Managed to space out my rest days and got in a swim!

Best Workout of the Week
Probably my long run yesterday. It was cold. I had every intention of getting up and going to one of two group runs BUT when my fitbit started buzzing at 7 I just knew it wasn't meant to be. Friday night I was feeling really run-down and exhausted. I've been on the edge of getting sick all week & I think I've only avoided it because I've been chugging water and Emergen-C. So I let myself sleep in. Great decision, at the end of the day, and I slept until about 8:30. Then I totally lounged on the couch until about 11:30 when finally got my biscuits off the couch and out for a run. Even at 11:30 it was still pretty cold. Temps in the low 30s and some snow flurries. Did a nice little out & back loop type route from the house. This time I decided to include the nice big hill instead of avoid it. I'm proud of myself for that. Really, I'm proud of myself for going out at all. It was a really nice, zen run. Also a pretty fast one! I did a 4:1 run:walk interval and none of the runs were over 12 min/miles. Woohoo!



Post-Run Recovery Accelerator - YUM!

Met my goal of getting in 3 runs and a swim - Boo Yah!

Best Meal of the Week
We had some good eats again this week. We had my favorite Trader Joe's pasta one night and sloppy joes another. I LOVE sloppy joes. Don't ask me why, but it's better than meatloaf on the 'comfort food' scale for me. I freakin love it. And it's so easy. I can cook it on a Tuesday night and feel like Betty Crocker.

Focusing on eating a bigger breakfast & dialing up the protein
Managed to stay away from the work candy again this week (for the most part). I'm also finding that I'm not snacking as much when I get home. Same goal for next week!


What's up for next week?
Since tomorrow is MLK day it means no work for me! Well, no court anyway. I've got a trial set Wednesday so I'll likely be working tomorrow but thankfully in a much more relaxed setting. Food this week looks like:


Based on what I hear from the other room halftime is over. Also, it must not be going very well. Oh well. Whatever the outcome, no work tomorrow!

GO BRONCOS!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment