Monday, August 4, 2014

Progress is Progress

Another good week under my belt. The weather got hot again but not so much so that it was unbearable outside. The week wasn't quite as hectic work-wise, though some of my days were super long. For some reason I feel like making all of my runs for two straight weeks feels like a huge accomplishment so I'm going to celebrate it accordingly!

This Week's Training

Gotta do something about those pesky "zero" days!

Monday: 5 min walk, 2.75 miles @ 11:15 min/mi on the treadmill. Good stretch after & some planks
Tuesday: 45 minutes of yoga on the back porch including 3 sun salutations on each leg - oy!
Wednesday: 5 min walk, 2.75 @ 11:18 min/mi. 2:45 min walk and stretching
Thursday: Volleyball  - we won 2/3 but I didn't feel like I got much of a workout.
Friday: Rest day - legs and back were sore from yoga/volleyball
Saturday: 5 Min Walk, 2.75 mile run @ 11:09 with stretching in Click!Mocha after
Sunday: Rest day - though I did some gardening which was great for the upper body!

Totals: 9.38, 1:51:15, 1,179 Calories

This Week's Nutrition

Courtesy of Fitbit
I felt a lot better this week about what I was eating and the choices I was making. Somehow, the scale says I still gained a little. Wednesday I set out to eating small meals every 2 hours. That's the recommended strategy for people with Gastroparesis. Less food = easier digestion and no feelings of super fullness. I failed on the first try. I set my fitbit to vibrate every 2 hours during the workday. This is how it went:

8:00 a.m. - Green monster smoothie & coffee
10:00 a.m. - reach for my fruit buddy & realize it's in my fridge in the office
12:00 p.m. - time for lunch, but i'm still in court
1:50 p.m.  - Finally eat lunch. Hummus & 2 soft flour tortillas
3:00 p.m.  - Luna Protein Bar. Well, half. These things make me super full
5:30 p.m. - Run
8:00 p.m. - after getting home and showering it's 8:00 p.m. before I can eat my dinner

Thursday wasn't much better and Friday I missed lunch entirely. For the 4th straight friday I was in court from 8:30 to 3:00 p.m. vomit. This is exactly why Amanda @ Run to The Finish intrigued me with her blog post today. 

Check out the post here 
Extreme stress & weight gain both seem to be a huge part of my life! Doing some more research to see what's out there on this. 

Next Week
  • Last week of the Couch to 5K program! It's working in perfectly with the start of my training plan for the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon. I've tweaked it a little bit but I think it's going to be a good one. I'll post it up here so you can get an idea of what we're up to
  • Get a better handle on timed eating - my stomach can't really be trusted to know when I'm hungry. If my sugar/glucose levels spike/drop my mood does the same and the eating just continues. This week I want to be diligent about charting my calories & the times I take them in. Hopefully it'll help me even things out
  • Also, I got sunburnt this weekend at a super awesome ridiculous girls-only pool party my boss throws. It was well worth it, but wearing a sports bra is un-fun right now - yikes!

What are some of your favorite mid-day snacks?
What are some markers of success you use in your training? Meeting mileage goals, pace goals, marking training runs off of your calendar? 



No comments:

Post a Comment