Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 1 and Done

Week one is officially in the books. It didn't go exactly as planned, but I'm not totally unhappy with it.




Day
Planned
Actual
Mon
Rest/Slide
Rest
Tues
Swim #1, 30 min Run
25 min/2.69 mi run
Weds
15 min bike, 15 min run
20 min bike, 15 min run
Thurs
Swim #2, 30 min bike
Swim #2, Volleyball
Fri
Rest
Rest
Sat
30 Min Bike
Rest – Sick
Sun
30 Min Run
30 min Walk
Totals
4:00 hrs
2:55 hrs, 11.15

Best Workout of the Week

Wednesdays Brick Workout was by far the best of the week. It was 75 degrees and sunny. For starters, my awesome new Triathlon Club gear came in! It's so pretty, i'm so excited. Also, everything fits pretty well. 
My First real jersey!
Getting back on the bike was a little difficult but It wasn't too bad. It was still making that horrible noise and traffic was terrible so I just puttered around the neighborhood. It felt good to get relaxed on the bike again. Then I hopped off and ran for 15 minutes. I felt like I was going so slow but actually i was doing 10ish min/miles - so fast for me! All in all it was the perfect start to training. 


My Thursday morning swim was pretty good, too. Well, except for the waking up part. 

Best Meal of the Week
My goal for the week was to have a fruit or vegetable with every meal. Nailed it! Whether it was a cutie at lunch or applesauce with dinner I got in an extra helping of fruits or vegetables with every meal. It took some conscious effort, but I'm hopeful I can keep it up. 
Cheddar Veggie Omelettes on toast with Applesauce - yum!
What I didn't account for this week was the allergies. So tree pollen hit "high" on Tuesday and never looked back. Almost instantaneously my allergies went into full crazy mode. Stuffed sinuses, Itchy throat, the works. It only got worse through the weekend and I scrapped my run and bike. I hated to do it - particularly with the 10 miler coming up next week - but it seemed only right. I couldn't breathe through my nose and my chest started getting super wheezy! I'm going to try to stay on track this week. It's weird that the Triple Crown isn't my "A" race this week so it's hard gearing up for the bigger picture. 
#FuckTrees
I'm off work today - random vacation day I took just 'cus. It's about 65 degrees so I'm gonna take Ghost out for a spin. Wish me luck!

Happy Running!

Do you get allergies? How do you combat them?
What was your best workout of the week?


No comments:

Post a Comment