Friday, April 3, 2015

Checking In

Last night was the worst night of sleep I can remember.

We got something like 6 inches of rain in 12 hours, complete with thunder and lightening. Seriously, Thunder and Lightening consistently from about 2:00 a.m. until....well, 20 minutes ago.
Ellie deserved some bed-snuggles after a long night
Today is a rest day and boy do I need it. Missed a run last night - due to rain and the President messing up our traffic patterns here - but I think the rest was necessary. I paid money to run 10 miles tomorrow so I guess I should focus on that.
I'm usually all kinds of excited for the 10 miler but this year I'm not feeling it. Maybe it's the complete lack of training and distance. That could be it. I'm going into it with zero expectations other than to keep my heart rate as low as I can and have some fun. It's all just training for Muncie right?
Iced coffee is a key component of rest day. So was the Lemon Poppy scone I had but I ate that way too fast to snap a pic of it. Priorities.

Aside from resting as much as possible (which is laughable considering I have court in 5 different places between 9 and noon), operation hydration has also begun.
Ellie knows how to rest before a race. Or anytime, really.

Lets do this!



Happy Running!





No comments:

Post a Comment