Wednesday, July 1, 2015

18 Random Running Facts About Me

Janae at the Hungry Runner Girl posted a series of interesting questions that really got me thinking. I love her and everything on her blog (including the adorable Ms. Brooke!) so I figured I'd take a stab at these thought provoking running questions.
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
      Beach is more beautiful but mountain would be less hot? Still gonna say beach
2. If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
       Fruit punch. I loathe lemon lime, yuck!
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
      New shoes! I'm about 10 miles away from my cutoff mark so I'm in need of new kicks
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
      I don't do well unstructured so I need a plan. I've never had a plan but not an end race. I think that's what I'll be doing after Muncie
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
     Start uphill and end downhill for sure. I love negative splitting! (I also hate knowing "the worst" is yet to come)
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
     Triathlon has really gotten my in to cycling. I'd done spin class before, but I've really fallen in love with my bike
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
   Point to point, if only because I feel like I never get to run point to point! HATE out and backs. Bo-ring
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—>
    Body glide. Use it early and often! Next would probably be a foam roller
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
    Nope. Horses sometimes
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
    Yep. Thank god for GPS
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be?
   Egg sandwich and diet coke with a side of watermelon. Mmm. 
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
  Since its summer mostly shorts. Love capris for long not-super-hot-runs
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
    Each and every time I feel like a whole new person after the first mile. It's amazing
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
    Used to tie it in my shoelaces but now I have bungee laces. I always wear shorts with a pocket. I HATE holding keys while I run
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
     My first marathon, the 2008 Flying Pig. Or the 2011 Chicago half marathon. The race was on 9/11 and the atmosphere was electric. 
16. What type of run is your least favorite type of run?
      Tempo. I prefer straight up speed if I have to go hard
17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door to get your run on?
     MUNCIE!! 
18. When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start?
    Totally depends. I like to mix it up, I hate running the same route too much. I'm super spoiled with two big parks right next store. 
19. When running in daylight—> are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
    Must. I couldn't run without sunnies. I usually do sunnies and a visor just to be sure. Maybe it's just habit more than necessity. 
Pick a question and answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment