Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Week 16 Recap - End of a Training Plan

Somehow we're at the end. 16 weeks of training and one 70.3 race done. Hard to believe, but we did it!



Race week was really hard. I felt kind of run down after last Sunday's run and I thought the Iron Fit plan was a little aggressive. I paired it down significantly so I could get the rest I needed to feel comfortable for the race.

Best Workout of the Week
Without a doubt, Muncie. Duh. More on that later. For now, it's over. and I'm just a little bit (Read: a lot) sad about it. For the last 16+ weeks this race has been my everything. Now that it's over I feel just a little bit lost. But it was the best day of my life. I'm so proud that I did it.

Best Meal of the Week
The chips and guac I had at Chilis after the race. Also every egg sandwich I had ever during the race.

How do those 16 weeks add up? March 21 - July 11, 215:
And now it's done. So what's next? I really don't know, and that really really bothers me.

Happy Running!

Did you race this weekend?
Do you ever have "goal letdown"? How do you cope?

No comments:

Post a Comment