Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hump Day Happenings

Last night during my swim I was chugging along and actually thought, "Screw this. I'm getting out." I was super tired, and my arms were really sore and achy. The last several swims the first 400 yards have been magical - almost effortless. This swim felt more like I was pulling through mud and my shoulders were screaming. Not to mention, my suit has finally gotten to the point where it's so stretched and saggy that anytime I catch myself in the mirror I think, "Oh god, that can't possibly be what I look like!". Not good.

But I finished anyway and I felt good just knowing I finished a hard workout. Sometimes, that's just the way it is.
Post-Swim Locker Room Action
I rewarded myself this morning by getting myself a new suit and hot pink swim cap. I went through the TYR grab bag so I have NO idea what it will look like. It's sort of exciting. Also, I bought myself this awesome shirt just because. 
So Cool
Tonight I have my bike fitting at our local multisport shop. I'm excited to learn a little bit more about my bike and have a professional fit. Also, it will be my first experience with clipless pedals. I'm more than a little nervous about that (as in I'm nervous about falling off my bike because I can't unclip). We shall see.

Ellie and I are not thrilled about being awake this morning. 
Sleepy Puppy
At least I have caramel coffee!


Happy Hump Day!

How do you recover from bad workouts?
Have you ever used clipless pedals? How'd it go?
Do you like flavored coffee? Which flavor?

No comments:

Post a Comment