Sunday, October 5, 2014

Weekly RoundUp: Welcome October

After doubting it's existence, fall has finally made it to the Bluegrass. While temps on Thursday were into the 80s, it finally cooled down on Saturday. We've got our pumpkins picked, our decorations out, and our heavy comforter on the bed. Welcome Fall - won't you stay awhile?

This Week's Training

Mon: 9.20 miles on the bike in the nearby park
Tues: 7.53 miles on the bike - my achy bum was not too happy
Wed: 1 Mile on the treadmill before 1 hour yoga
Thur: Volleyball - won all 3 matches, decently sweaty
Fri: Rest
Sat: Great Pumpkin 10K Race, 1:06:59
Sun: 2.61 mile walk around the park with Ellie

I was nervous about how shifting our long run last week was going to impact the week. Sunday I was still a bit sore for my scheduled run so I took the bike out instead. This was an awesome decision. Every time I ride I feel more and more comfortable. I managed to stay on the bike for almost an hour without even noticing! I felt a lot more comfortable with stops and riding in traffic (and rush hour traffic at that). Tuesday it was too beautiful not to go do something, but it was an off-running day so I hit the bike again. At this point I'm still working through "saddle soreness". Oy, am I. Tuesday I was practically standing on the bike the first 10 minutes. After that I eased in and practiced with some of the gears. I'm finally figuring out what each one is for and how to ride. Slowly but surely I will be a cyclist!

Saturday was the Great Pumpkin 10K. It's the first year for the event - part of a new fall "triple crown" - and it went GREAT! I'll keep away from the details since I intend to do a full report, but lets just say it was a great morning.

Today I cooked up a storm in the kitchen and then felt the need to get out in the elements. It was cool, which felt nice, and the leaves are starting to change. I rounded up the pup and we headed to my favorite park. We did a lot of our favorite trails & Ellie almost caught a chipmunk!


This Week's Nutrition

Fall really puts me in the mood to cook. I'm not sure why. I love soups and stews and they just taste so much better when there's a bite in the air. Nothing really stands out this past week in terms of nutrition. I think I did a great job with my No Candy pledge. By no, I really meant less. Unfortunately, this is a bad week to gauge my progress in terms of weight loss as it seems that we're nearing mother nature's monthly gift. Bah. Looks like I've lost an inch around the waist though, while gaining an inch in the bust. I did manage to eat a big salad without getting sick though. If you'd spent any time around me in the last few salad-less months, you'd know what a victory that was.

Friday night I made a pizza with a Pilsbury crust for our dinner. It was really good. I love homemade pizza. I used grilled chicken instead of sausage or pepperoni and cut down on the amount of veggies we'd likely have otherwise. Yum yum.

I went on a cooking frenzy today. I made crockpot mexican chicken chili for dinner, a week's worth of butternut squash soup for lunch and Pumpkin Snickerdoodle cookies. I haven't tried the snicker doodle cookies yet…I'm expecting immediate addiction

Next Week
- Get back on track with training for the Half - only 3 weeks left!
- Stick to my meal plan, including homemade or from home foods
- keep Blogging :)

Is it Fall where you are yet?
Did you reach this weekend? Congrats! How'd it go?
What's your favorite pre-race meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment