Sunday, April 12, 2015

Week 3 Recap

Week three ended on a high note with the Shelbyville Sprint Triathlon. More on that later.

Best Week Yet!

The time totals don't include the hour of body pump and 45 minutes of volleyball, which would bring my weekly total up to 6:27 for activity. Boo-Yah.

Best Workout of the Week

This one is easily the Shelbyville Sprint Tri. Duh. But in terms of actual workout the best workout I think I had was either my (abbreviated) swim on Tuesday or my Thursday swim. This week was rainy rainy rainy so I couldn't get outside on the bike at all. It was also super light at work so I skipped out early to get to the Y on Tuesday. To my boss (who reads the blog, I'm told) - don't rat me out :) . I did 10 minutes on a spinner bike and hopped in the pool. The workout was the most difficult I've had yet and the main set consisted of 3 rounds of 100 @ 10 seconds rest followed by 250 @ 20 seconds rest. I got through the warm up and into the first set. The 250 felt GREAT. Then the lifeguard got me out because of lightning. Ugh. The storm was getting pretty bad so I called it a day. My swim Thursday was more speed focused and had a pyramid of 25s, 50s, 100s and 200s. It felt good too but not as good.

Best Meal of the Week
This one, again is probably my random Wednesday night pot luck. Here's what was on deck for last week.
Wednesday's quesadillas were made with Tuesday night's fajita leftovers. I opted to have half a quesadilla and add a sweet potato. Super yum. Sweet potatoes are definitely being worked into my diet more!
Random? Sure. Delicious? Absolutely.
Friday night we went over to our buddy's house for dinner. It was a blast. He made pork chops and our dear friends Lindsey & John (who also may peek in on the blog....yeah, that's right John) brought fried pickles. Needless to say Saturday morning was a rude awakening. We took Ellie for a long walk at the park to celebrate the return of the Sun.

Next week is the halfway point in the Base Building phase. 90 days to Muncie!

Happy Running!

Did you race this weekend?
Is it rainy where you are?




No comments:

Post a Comment