Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wednesday (W)Randoms

Like what I did with the title? I'm a genius, I know.

Yesterday was a swim day. First swim in a few weeks and my body was pretty sore from Monday's body pump. I had to wait for a lane and it took all of my will power to stay put and wait. Finally got in a lane and did a variation of Iron Fit's Swim #1. I cut out 100yds off of the warm up and cool down because of boredom. 2000 yards isn't too bad though.

Since yesterday was a swim day, today is a librarian bun day.
I look like I'm 5. Instills confidence in clients
Last night was Fajita night. We love any variety of Mexican food in the Porter house - real or otherwise. I found this great recipe for oven fajitas on pinterest. I've made it twice and we ate it for dinner last night on burritos and then we'll have the leftovers on quesadillas Friday. Easy Peasy!

Easy Oven Fajitas from BudgetBytes.com

Ingredients
  • 1 Packet of your favorite fajita seasoning (or make your own - I'm lazy)
  • 2 small (or 1 large) onion
  • 2 green bell peppers
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 lb chicken breast 
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 medium lime
  • 8x 6" tortillas
  • Sour cream & Cilantro for toppings
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
  • Cut the bell peppers, onion and chicken into thin uniform strips. You want everything to be the same size and shape. Place in a large 9x13 casserole or a large sheet pan. You want a lot of extra room so the vegetables roast and not steam
  • Sprinkle the seasoning over the vegetables and chicken. Drizzle the vegetable oil over top and use your hands to mix it all together. Mix it good!
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes stirring half way through. I did mine on 2 sheet pans and it only needed to cook for about 25 so keep an eye on it
  • Once it's done squeeze the lime over top of the hot veggies and top with cilantro
  • Serve over Uncle Ben's 90 second mexican rice or any favorite rice for a burrito bowl. Wrap in a tortilla for walking burritos
I could've eaten the whole pan by myself

Easy Peasy!

I've been paying particular attention to food this week since I was up weight-wise last week. I still can't figure out why. I was sick at the end of the week with this stupid cold. I missed a workout and  wasn't eating all of my daily points. I'm hoping that's the cause. This week I want to get a workout in every day (except perhaps my rest day, Friday) and make sure I'm eating all of my points.

Starting Weight: 187.6
Last week: 183.6 (-4)
This week: 184.4 (+0.8 for the week, -3.2 overall)

Unsure about tonight's workout as of yet. It's pretty cold but if I can get home before dark I'd love to run. If not, it's bike city for me.

Happy Hump Day

What's your favorite week night meal?
Where do you look for good recipes? Magazines? Pinterest? Cook Books?



No comments:

Post a Comment