Sunday, May 10, 2015

Week 7 Recap and My First Oly

Well I'm one week away from finishing the Base Building Phase and I'm officially an Olympic Distance Finisher. Week 7, you are officially toast.



This may be my first week that I actually hit all of my workouts. I was a little low on overall time (when you take out my volleyball game) but most of that was because I nailed my swim during Saturday's Tri. My workouts are typically 2000yards in 45 minutes. I swam the 1650 yard open water leg in 21.

Best Workout of the Week
Duh. My race. It was intense. It was by far the most difficult thing I've ever done (probably). I haven't  pushed myself to new limits since I took on the Flying Pig Marathon back in 2008. In terms of speed, I haven't pushed myself since the 2008 Louisville Half Marathon. So yeah, this was super terrifying. I finished in 4 hours, which was about 25 minutes slower than I was hoping. But it was also my first ever Olympic on a hilly bike course. I guess I'll cut myself some slack.
Finisher!!!


Best Meal of the Week
I screwed the pooch a little bit last week in terms of my 'planning'. Whoops. First slip up since January. Guess it's really not that big of a deal. I made my mixed veggie hash with a chile lime chicken burger again. Yum. I'm also happy about how I've been eating better lunches. Tonight I made a variation of one of my favorite meals from home, chicken and pasta. My dad makes it better, but it was pretty yummy.
Being the smartypants that I am, I took tomorrow off as a random vacation day. I sat down in January when I was planning my race schedule and took a bunch of random days off so that I got each and every one of my vacation days. I'm so excited! I have a long to-do list but it's way better than anything that would happen at work. Hopefully a race recap (and recaps for the Shelbyville Tri and Derby Mini) will be on the list too.
Happy Happy Ellie
Happy Running!!

How was your weekend? Did you race? Tell me about it
What's your favorite meal from 'home'? Does your family have any classics?

No comments:

Post a Comment