Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Updates & Wednesday Wish List

It definitely feels like a Thursday. Maybe it's because I went into work today, or because I'm just clueless. It's a toss up, really.

Managed to finally finish my foray into the Religion Clauses last night. After twelve long hours at school, I'm completely finished with my writing requirement for law school. A task that brings me ever closer to being completely done with the whole she-bang. Now, only wills, trusts, and legal/equitable remedies stand before me and a blissful Holiday Break. 

Yeah....so maybe I've got just a little bit more left. 

The worst thing about yesterday - aside from making tables of contents and having to type the words "ministerial exception" over and over again - was that I didn't get a chance to get a run in. I packed a bag and stuck it in the car just in case I had a few free minutes to sneak away. Unfortunately, the weather just wouldn't let me. It's one thing to go out and get soaked to the bone when you can go home and shower - quite another when you have to be in a little office for the rest of the night!

After yesterday's Write-a-thon I was relieved to get to the gym and put my body to its paces. I warmed up on the spin-cycle and then headed to Bodypump®. I really love Bodypump because it helps me do something I love (lifting) that I'm really not good at on my own. I don't have to worry about lifting too much/too little or not hitting the right muscle groups - I just follow along. Add in awesome music and the almost 'dance'-like quality of it, and I'm sold. I'm also sore - very sore.
 
On the "New" front - I've gone and signed myself up for the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge! I came up with about 153508 reasons not to sign up, but in the end I figured "why not?"

Best Case Scenario? - I win one of the ridiculous prizes that I could SERIOUSLY use
Worst Case Scenario? - I have some motivation & some goals to get me through the holiday season

Either way, it's some motivation to get in an extra workout and hit the veggies over the Holidays. Couldn't have come at a better time either, which leads me right into...

Wednesday Wish List
Today during Bodypump I was checking my alignment in the side mirror and, all of the sudden the thought just hit me like a ton of bricks - does my body really look like that? Maybe it was my hair all gross from the rain, or my kinda nappy 8 year old spandex, but I felt like an ex-pro middle linebaker with  a wig. 
Or like Clay Matthews 20 years and a lot of beer from now
After that, all I could think was the dreaded "F" word.
"Fat" during bench presses
"Fat" during triceps dips
"Fat" during lunges
It was debilitating - and worse, it was all me! It was me, in my own head, holding me back from really feeling great. For me, there is no worse feeling. So this week's wish is to remove the worthless, profanity from my vocabulary. For the next week, I want to replace it with something better.  
Or maybe gross IS amazing!
So far I've got Focus, Fit, Fabulous, Fantastic, and Fearless. I'll be adding to the arsenal so that next time I'm struck with that inexplicably stupid feeling of ineptitude or body-consciousness, I can approach it with ease. So there.... problem? Solution!

How do you handle Self-doubt or confidence problems? Do runner-guys suffer body image issues too, or are you immune?

No comments:

Post a Comment