Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Decisions decisions

The alarm didn't even have a chance to go off this morning for my bike ride. Sometime in the middle of the night I re-set it for my normal non-hair-doing-wake-up-time. It was totally nexessary as I was dead tired after my 2100 yard swim. Slept like a zombie 
Also had terrible goggle lines after swimming. Better get used to it I guess. 

I planned to make it up this afternoon with a ride on the trainer & an outside run or walk on the treadmill here at home. I had a huge deadline at work that loomed over my head. My "plan" resolution is in place at work too, where much has fallen by the wayside and out of order in the last few months. After morning court I was really cranking out the to do list. By 4 I'd managed to reschedule my deadline  and had a burst of productivity. 

So I had a decision to make: 
- break and head home for my workout, possibly working from home after (which never works out)
- keep working until I run out of steam and cut into workout time

Work is a huge source of stress for me. It's a stress that permeates every other facet of my life. I made a decision to keep working. I ended up working until after 7. I pretty much blew my workout window but I got a LOT done. 

So Friday is my slide/test day so I'll work it in there. Not the end of the world. 

As long as there's still time to cuddle with the puppy. That's absolutely mandatory. 

Happy hump day!
How do you balance work and fitness? 

No comments:

Post a Comment