Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Hump Day Check in

Happy hump day, y'all

Reality smacked me right in the face yesterday. The first day back after a vacation or a long weekend is usually enough to make me wish I'd never gotten the time off in the first place. That's a disturbing feeling. 

So I'm back in lawyer mode now. 

Yesterday I was pretty sore from Monday's body pump. I had a Doctor's appointment at 4 so I swapped my planned spin class for a brick workout hoping there would still be daylight when I got done. Well, there wasn't any daylight left (boo) so I hopped on the bike. 

It was...rough. My garmin and cadence sensor just can't seem to hook up correctly. It's driving this type A-data-loving-numbers-nerd crazy. I realized about 10 minutes in that I was spending more time fiddling with the watch instead of peddling. Not ideal. After 30 minutes I hopped on the treadmill & did 15 minutes with a 3 min walk/2 min run balance. I don't think the metrics on our janky treadmill were right because it said I'd only done a mile. Whatever. 

Hubz was home sick from work today. He has a cold and got some antihistamines. Luckily, not contagious. Unluckily, Hubz is a big old baby when he's sick. Happy to take care of him though, the big lug. And he'll get to return the favor here soon. The GI doc says my recent symptoms (excruciating pin point pain radiating across my back and up my shoulder followed with nausea, vomiting and bloating) sound like gallstones. You may recall I had my evil gallbladder removed in 2011. I've had stones removed twice since then. Well, make that 3 times. Damn thing comes back from the grave. 

I'm still pretty pissed off about the whole thing. At 28 I never thought is body would be so damn difficult. So today on my 3 mile run after work I focused on the things my body can do. I took each step (despite the residual body pump soreness) with a joy and a thankfulness I really wanted to hold on to. I may not be able to digest lettuce, but I can run damnit. 

Happy hump day y'all - run hard!

Did you have Monday off? How is your week going?
How do you handle bad news from the doc?

No comments:

Post a Comment