Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Facing Reality

So this post is a bit tough to write.

One of the reasons I started this blog in the first place was accountability. I wanted to be accountable to you guys by putting my dreams, goals and faults out there for you to see and keep me honest. In the last year or so it's been more of a way for me to have a private space in which I am a "runner" or an "athlete" and not a Public Defender/wife/dog-mom/stressed person. There is room for both purposes, I think.

At this point, though, I think I need some accountability. In the past I've mentioned that after Hubz & I got married my weight started to creep back up. I thought it happened slowly. A few 'love' pounds here and there. That's normal, right?


When we got married in September 2012 I was in a pretty good place physically. I'd completed my second marathon that May and managed to stay pretty fit through Bar Exam Prep and the stress of planning a wedding and starting a new job.
Me and Jules @ the Derby Festival Marathon/Half April 2012

Photo by J&A Creative

Who knows it if it was slow or not, but the weight just popped up. One day I was 20lbs over my goal weight. I cried. In the two years since we've gotten married I've struggled. I've got a demanding, high stress job that I love but can be overwhelming. I've struggled with Gastroparesis, gallstones, and a Gastroenterologist who is less than supportive. It's been hard.
San Francisco this past September
What I don't think we realize is that the few pounds add up. And they impact everything. They impact  my training. They impact how I feel about myself. They impact how I relate to hubz. 

So they've gotta go. So here are the bare bones numbers. I'll put 'em out here so they're out here, then I'll change them. Got it? Ok. 

Current weight: 187.6
Goal Weight: 164

Now that we've got that outta the way - lets get to work!

Have you ever struggled with weight loss?
Do you blog? What do you use your blog for? Leave me your link!

No comments:

Post a Comment